As little league baseball season begins to wind down, I can take some time to reflect on this past little league season and the contributions so many people make to ensure the children of our community have an amazing experience.
This year was my first year as Treasurer for our local little league organization. The experience has proven to be beneficial in so many ways. I have met so many new people, grown my referral business and got to experience little league baseball from a new perspective.
It is so very important to give back to your community and my family will continue to volunteer our time and knowledge wherever we can. Here are some great reasons why you should consider volunteering your time in your community.
1. Make an impact: Looking to make a real, lasting difference in this world? Unlike other aspects of life you may not be able to control, volunteering allows you to choose where and how to make a difference.
2. Strengthen communities.
3. Meet others.
4. Improve your health: Yes! Volunteering is actually good for you. Studies have shown that volunteering makes people feel physically healthier, manage chronic health conditions and lower stress!
5. Take the lead: Often what a great effort needs most is a great leader. If you see a cause that needs a push or a group that needs a head—take the lead!
6. Share expertise: Everyone has a skill or experience from which someone else can benefit.
7. Improve skills—or learn new ones.
8. Up your resume ante: Considering a career shift? Want to try out a new field before taking the leap? A volunteering gig can be a perfect way to fill a knowledge or employment gap.
9. Find new opportunities: Doors open when you volunteer. You can widen your social network, discover an organization in your community or finally talk to the person you always see on the bus!
10. Because it just feels good.